The Los Angeles meltdown has subsided, and now we are being treated to our usual September summer temperatures. I’m not complaining, it’s been gorgeous since our little monsoon rainstorm earlier in the week (kidding on the monsoon). Here are just a few things to think about if you’re in or around LA this weekend:
- Finally! The much anticipated Broad Museum opens on Sunday! Admission is free, however, you do have to make reservations. And if you haven’t already, guess what? They’re completely booked for opening day! Reservations are still available for midweek dates, but if you want to go on a weekend, you will have to wait until October 31!
- If you are a fan of the Vince line of clothing, Prive is hosting a sample sale in Santa Monica, September 17 -20 at Lincoln Creative Center. Clothing for men & women will be up to 70% off, and just FYI, no handbags or outwear will be allowed inside, and only communal dressing rooms are available.
- This sounds fun: Pop-Up Flea at the Grove in LA! It will take place on the rooftop level of the Grove parking structure and will have apparel, vintage goods, accessories, and home furnishings. Hours are Friday 3 pm – 8 pm, Saturday 11 am – 7 pm and Sunday 12 pm – 6pm.
- How cool does Friday night Jazz at LACMA sound? Tonight’s musical guest is the Greg Poree Group, admission is free and the concert starts at 6 pm at the BP Grand Entrance.
- If you’re looking for a new furry friend, the Los Angeles Doggie Festival is Saturday at Westwood Rec Center, 1350 S. Sepulveda Blvd (south of the Federal Building) from 10 am – 4 pm. Pet adoptions, pet products, vet tips and more.
- And finally, there’s a David Bowie exhibit at Taschen Gallery in Los Angeles. You’ll see music photographer Mick Rock’s photographs of David Bowie from the Ziggy Stardust years (epic.).
Have a wonderful weekend!
image via The Broad Museum