With the change in the weather, again, it’s time to change up our skincare regime, again! We’re in the middle of a cold snap here in Southern California, and while I can’t complain (I’d rather be cold than hot), it sure is taking a toll on my skin. While the dryness is great for my hair, it’s not so great for my skin. I’ve had to amp up the moisture in the products I’m using, and even reapplying during the day has become necessary.
I’ve tried several new skincare products lately, and I’m sharing them here with a little review for each:
- I received a sample of the Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel, and I am totally converted. It’s super light, and a little goes a long way, which I really like if I’m spending a little more for a cleanser. It removes makeup completely, and doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight and dry.
- Fresh Sugar Ultra-Nourishing Body Oil: Okay, so this is a bit of a splurge for me, but I love the fragrance. It’s so fresh and clean, and after an evening shower, I find that it’s super pampering and relaxing. I don’t use it nightly, maybe just once or twice a week. It’s very absorbent and doesn’t leave you feeling oily/sticky.
- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps: this is the body cream to end all body creams. It’s super thick and super moisturizing. Once absorbed, it isn’t sticky, yet it leaves you feeling completely moisturized all day.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Sunscreen: just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you stop using sunscreen. If you only use one product daily, please make sure it’s sunscreen! This formula is light and is perfect for sensitive skin, which I’ve been experiencing with the dryness in the air.
- Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night: this is new to me, but I like that it combines a serum and night cream in one. It claims to target wrinkles, firmness & texture, but I have only been using it a short time. It does make my skin feel smooth & moisturized when I wake up, and that’s always a test for me (my prior nighttime cream left me feeling parched upon waking no good!).
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: I switch between this and the Philosophy Miracle Worker Night cream. I was having a problem with redness after using my retinol product (which I’ve since stopped), and this was the only cream that calmed my skin.
- First Aid Beauty Triple Remedy Eye Cream: this product has a subtle tint, but it is quite good at helping to banish those bags and smooth wrinkles, thanks to the caffeine, Coraline extract & licorice root. I haven’t noticed an improvement with my dark circles, but that’s a heredity issue (thanks mom & dad).
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: these are little tubes of gold! I have three shades, and they are perfect for keeping my lips moisturized with a little color. I am always buying new lip balms – it’s a weakness!
- Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips: okay, hear me out on this! When I saw a review of this online recently, I laughed. But then I read about it – if you breastfeed your babies, then you must remember experiencing cracked & dry nipples in the beginning. I remember finding lanolin, and it being the cure all for that dryness. This lip balm is made from those same ingredients! I just received it yesterday, and it’s been on my lips continuously! It’s a thick formula, but I find that it isn’t goopy, so I don’t mind. It stays on also – I put some on this morning before the gym and it lasted through my cardio workout, and through a shower! It’s untinted, but I swear it imparts a lovely natural look to your lips. Try it!
Do you have to change up your skincare routine in the winter? What new products are you using? Please let me know, I’m always looking for new products to try!